Truecaller is a Mobile Application which reveals the name of the person under whom a particular mobile number is registered. We just have to enter a mobile number in Truecaller, and it will tell us the name of the caller.
Also, the latest version of the Truecaller Application accompanies real-time implications. That is, while someone is calling you, their mobile number and name automatically shows up on your smartphone screen. Almost everyone is using the Truecaller application these days for easy identification of unknown phone numbers.
Also Read: How to Use Viral Old Age Filter in FaceApp
However, the main problem is that, once you get your name and number registered in Truecaller, it is not easy to remove them from the records of Truecaller. Unless you know the proper method to perform the task, the process will seem confusing to you. So here we are going to provide you with a solution to this problem.
Method To Remove Your Name and Number From Truecaller
- If you are an Android-powered smartphone user, then firstly, you need to open the Truecaller app on your phone.
- Now click the sidebar button and choose the “Settings” option from there.
- Thereafter, you will find an option named as “Private Center”.
- Here, a list of options will be available. In the end, you will find an option named “Deactivate”. Click on the “Deactivate” option, and you are done with removing your details from the Truecaller app.
For iOS users, the process is as simple as Android users, but there is a little difference. In the case of iOS devices, refer to the following steps to remove your name and number from Truecaller:
- Open up the Truecaller app and go to “More” options in the sidebar.
- After that, click on “About”, and there you will find the “Deactivate” option.
Drawbacks of Removing your number and name From Truecaller App
There are also some drawbacks or disadvantages that you will have to face once you have removed your name and number from the Truecaller app. First one is that after removing your name and number from the application, you will not be able to view others’ name and number on the Truecaller application.
However, it is to be mentioned that, sometimes this trick doesn’t work. In case, you have your phone number attached with Facebook or any other social media then Truecaller will track your number and derive your name from their database. In such a situation, this hack will no longer be valid.